The Occasional Traveller is always looking to partner with like-minded companies that can help people travel better or more efficiently. I handpick my partners and only endorse what I like or deem to be useful. Please contact me for proposals and rates.
All advertising, affiliate links and sponsorship opportunities will always be clearly indicated on The Occasional Traveller. All content originating from The Occasional Traveller should always be clearly credited to Jaclynn Seah or The Occasional Traveller and linked back to theoccasionaltraveller.com and/or the appropriate social platforms accordingly. It should not appear that the content was written by someone else other than me.
Past Collaborations / Media Trips
I have worked with a wide range of corporate partners to promote travel to various destinations
#JacTaiwanInSG was initially a collaboration with Taiwan Tourism Bureau Singapore (TTBSG) to promote travel from Singapore to Taiwan but due to the pandemic, turned into a way to keep Taiwan on top of mind for Singaporeans unable to travel there at this point by highlighting elements of Taiwan’s culture right here in Singapore.
TTBSG sponsored the blogposts and social posts and shared them on their platforms, while I conducted the research and collected + produced all the content.
#TaiwanderingWithScoot was a collaboration with Scoot Airlines in 2018 to promote travel from Singapore to Taiwan on their social media platforms. The aim was to showcase more unusual parts of Taiwan easily accessible from Scoot’s hubs in Taipei through written blog guides and short vlogs.
Scoot sponsored flights to and from Taiwan as well as travel costs for this project, while I conducted the research and went on 4 trips, undertaking the writing, filming and editing of all the content.
- Taiwan Tourism Bureau – Taiwan in Singapore (2021)
- Laos Tourism – Central Laos (2019)
- Tourism Authority of Thailand – Krabi + Khanom (2018)
- Tourism Authority of Thailand – Bangkok + Amphawa (2016)
- South Sumatra Tourism – Palembang + South Sumatra (2016)
- Korea Tourism Organisation – Seoul + Gangwon (2015)
- Destination Gippsland – Gippsland Self-Drive Tour (2015)
- Daylesford and the Macedon Ranges Tourism – Daylesford (2014)
- Tourism Authority of Thailand – Bangkok + Ayutthaya (2014)
- Garuda Indonesia – Belitung (2018)
- Scoot – Taiwan Series Collab (2018-2019)
- Xiamen Airlines – Xiamen (2017)
- Cebu Pacific Air – Coron (2017)
- Silkair – Laos (2016)
- United Airlines – San Francisco (2016)
- Jetstar Asia – Melbourne (2015)
- Vietjetair- Ho Chih Minh City (2015)
- Spring Airlines – Shanghai (2014)
- SO Sofitel Hua Hin – Cha am (2023)
- Berjaya Tioman Resort – Tioman (2023)
- Jinshan Gold Ranch & Resort – New Taipei City (2019)
- Yotel Air Changi Airport Jewel (2019) and Yotel Singapore (2017)
- Novotel Phuket Surin and Karon – Phuket (2018)
- Travelodge Central Hollywood Road – Hong Kong (2018)
- Pan Pacific Yangon – Yangon (2018)
- Telunas Beach Resort and Telunas Private Island – Indonesia (2018)
- Hotel Jen Beijing – Beijing (2017)
- Radisson Blu / Carlson Rezidor – Bangkok + Hua Hin (2017)
- Big John’s House and Pedro’s House – South Korea (2016)
- Crystal Blue Dive Resort – Anilao (2016)
- St Regis Resort Bali – Bali (2016)
- Bintan Lagoon Resort – Bintan (2015)
- Club Med Kani Maldives – Maldives (2015)
- Samabe Resort + Grand Mirage Bali – Bali (2015)
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao – Phuket (2014)
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Changi – Singapore (2014)
- Far East Hospitality: Quincy Hotel + Amoy Hotel + Village Hotel Katong + Village Hotel Changi (2013-2014)
I do sponsored articles and personally review items that I think are useful to travellers
- Safetywing – Travel insurance for sabbaticals and longer trips
- Wego – Where to find Street Art in Macao
- Budget Direct Insurance – Why I always buy travel insurance when I travel
- AsiaDivingVacation – The incredible things you find while muck diving in Lembeh
- Expedia – Hidden gems in Singapore as recommended by a local
- Rentokil – Battling bed bugs – tips for travellers
- Changi Recommends – What is the best way to connect to internet while travelling
- Standard Chartered – How to save money and earn Krisflyer Miles at the same time
- Traveloka – Tips on booking flights for the occasional traveller
- Las Lilas Spanish School – Spanish Lessons in Singapore
- Habla Ya – Spanish Lessons in Panama
- Indasurf – Surfing Lessons in Bali
- Dawson-Alexandra Heritage Trail
- Lilycup – collapsible menstrual cup
- Traveling Spoon – local food experiences
Why work with me?
I am looking for opportunities to showcase unusual destinations or a different side of popular places that people think they already know. I want to tell stories about local experiences, interesting ways to travel alongside the guide of must-dos in a country. I am interested in how to make travel better and easier for myself and my readers.
The Occasional Traveller has over 400 original blogposts that may be available for syndication, but as a freelance travel writer, destinations I visit may also be featured in other publications that I write for.
I put together travel guides on my own blog to help other busy travel lovers plan their own trips in the form of blogposts and/or videos that can be easily shared as content on social media.
Started in 2010, The Occasional Traveller is one of the longest-running personal travel blogs in Singapore and has established a solid reputation as a trusted source of information. I have been invited to speak as a travel expert on several panels and written widely about my travels.
I am a seasoned independent traveller and most of the travel content on my blog is based on my personal experiences and I believe in transparency to my readers. I only work with companies and post about what I can endorse personally.