Need a vacation but you’re too busy to travel?
Jaclynn Seah is The Occasional Traveller, a solo female traveller from Singapore who knows what it’s like to balance work and wanderlust. Short on time? Here are my tips and stories to help you plan your own quick getaways and be inspired to travel more.
Personal stories and detailed travel guides for the solo indie traveller
- James Turrell House of Light 光の館 – Sleeping in an artwork at Echigo Tsumari Art TriennaleEver wonder what it’s like to sleep in an artwork? I stayed overnight at the James Turrell House of Light to experience the Echigo Tsumari Art Triennale in Niigata up close!
- What to eat in Hanoi: Street food recs for a taste of delicious VietnamHanoi street food is plentiful, delicious and affordable! Here’s my guide on things to eat in Hanoi and some recs from locals and friends for you to taste the best of Vietnamese cuisine.
- Seopjikoji 섭지코지 & Seongsan Ilchulbong 성산 일출봉: East Jeju highlightsExplore east Jeju’s sights from the iconic Seongsan Ilchulbong sunrise peak to the scenic Seopjikoji cape and its coastal sights.
- Penghu fireworks festival guide: My experience and what to expect 澎湖花火節Planning to see the Penghu Fireworks Festival? Here’s a quick guide on what to expect at this annual event for your Penghu trip.
- 2023 Round Up – New pathsThe annual reflection and look back on my travels and travel writing in 2023, while pondering the future and other changes that lie ahead in the new year.
- Taiwan Penghu Islands guide: How to get there, getting around and where to stay 澎湖Planning a trip to Taiwan’s Penghu Islands? Here’s my guide covering how to get to Penghu, getting around the islands and other nitty gritty.
Things I enjoy
Street Art & murals
I love hunting for street art in Singapore and on overseas trips – it helps me explore and find unexpected spots in new cities!. Check out my many guides on the best places to find street art around the world.
Offbeat spots in Singapore
Singapore has its well known tourist hotspots, but I enjoy exploring the lesser known bits of my home country. It may be a small country but there’s still lots to learn! See all my Singapore related posts.
I’m a big advocate for everyone trying solo travel at least once in their life! It may not be for everyone, but I love the freedom of doing my own thing and want to encourage everyone to give it a shot!
Travel tips for busy people
Everyone’s busy, but you shouldn’t be too busy to travel if that’s what you love! I share my thoughts on finding time to travel and tips to help busy folk plan for their own trips.
Want to work with me?
Want travel perks?
Sign up for my mailing list to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.