Need a vacation but you’re too busy to travel?
Jaclynn Seah is The Occasional Traveller, a solo female traveller from Singapore who knows what it’s like to balance work and wanderlust. Short on time? Here are my tips and stories to help you plan your own quick getaways and be inspired to travel more.
Personal stories and detailed travel guides for the solo indie traveller
- Planning my Niigata road trip: Tips on driving in JapanPlanning a Japan road trip? I had a blast on my Niigata road trip and put together this little guide on everything you need to know about driving in Japan.
- Niigata hidden gems to experience Japan’s unique cultureExplore beyond Japan’s usual hotspots – check out these Niigata hidden gems like a snow-cooled warehouse, art installations amidst rice fields, edo-era gold mines and a sake bath!
- Taiwan Matsu Islands: Things to do in Beigan 北竿My Matsu Island guide with all the things to do in Beigan from hiking a beautiful island trail to eating laojiu noodles with a beautiful bay view.
- Taiwan Matsu Islands: Things to do in Nangan 南竿My guide and recommendations on things to do in Nangan, one of the main Matsu Islands, from the iconic giant Mazu statue to a hipster book store + cafe in a former bunker.
- Katong Dreaming review: What to expect from this musical walking tourThinking of checking out this performance arts walking tour of Katong district? Here’s my detailed Katong Dreaming review and what to expect (no spoilers!).
- Hidden Gems on Taiwan’s Penghu IslandsUncover Penghu’s hidden gems that show you the best of what Taiwan’s largest offshore island cluster has to offer away from the crowds.
Things I enjoy
Street Art & murals
I love hunting for street art in Singapore and on overseas trips – it helps me explore and find unexpected spots in new cities!. Check out my many guides on the best places to find street art around the world.
Offbeat spots in Singapore
Singapore has its well known tourist hotspots, but I enjoy exploring the lesser known bits of my home country. It may be a small country but there’s still lots to learn! See all my Singapore related posts.
I’m a big advocate for everyone trying solo travel at least once in their life! It may not be for everyone, but I love the freedom of doing my own thing and want to encourage everyone to give it a shot!
Travel tips for busy people
Everyone’s busy, but you shouldn’t be too busy to travel if that’s what you love! I share my thoughts on finding time to travel and tips to help busy folk plan for their own trips.