(*Scroll to bottom for details about giveaway!)
When I travel to a foreign land, I like to grab myself a map and find my own way around. Some times I approach people for directions, but mostly it’s me and my trusty map on the road, getting me where I want to go.
After each trip, my maps tend to be worse for wear, having weathered countless folding and much abuse being stuffed into too full backpacks and perpetual scrunching in my hands when I inevitably still find myself lost.
This week in the TOTshop, I’m introducing a really cool set of maps that are built to last the trip and whatever you might encounter along the way!
Called the Crumpled City Maps, they were conceived by young Italian designer Emanuele Pizzolorusso for Palomar, and are made to be crushed! These maps are made of trusty Tyvek material, a paper looking material that’s nothing at all like paper – it’s pretty impossible to tear by hand (if you’ve seen me at my flea markets with the Mighty Tags, you would know!), and because they’re oh so crushable, it’s pretty handy to have on hand as you can stow and unfold your map in 2 seconds flap, without worrying about bits and pieces dropping off!
Tyvek is also 100% waterproof and recyclable, so you don’t even have to worry about your map getting spoilt in the rain, it’ll probably even make a great makeshift shield against the rain to get you to shelter if you’re caught in a downpour. Also for the environmentally conscious, Tyvek is 100% recyclable and eco-friendly!
Currently the Crumpled City Maps are available for several major cities in the world – Paris, London, Rome, New York, Berlin and the latest is Hamburg. I’m hoping they get around to Asia soon – wouldn’t it be cool if there was a Singapore one!
Each Crumpled City Map comes prettily folded in a cute box with a motif representing its respective city (my favourite is the mustache representing Paris, hee) and each map has it’s own carrying pouch which you can stuff the map into when you’re done.
The Crumpled City Map is well designed, and also has a listing of Places of Interest for each city, along with special ‘Soul Sights’, 10 must-see places in each city specially selected by Palomar.
The Crumpled City Maps are great for your travels, but also make great gifts for friends or loved ones headed to any of these major cities for a stint, where they will spend some quality time exploring the city and could do with a lasting map to find their way around. It also makes a great memento after the trip is over.
Check it out in the store today! These maps are currently unavailable anywhere else in Singapore, and TOTshop has a great surprise in store for the launch of the CCM – all you need to do is like the TOT Facebook Page in the month of March and one lucky person will stand a chance to win any Crumpled City Map of your choice for free! Yes it’s that easy, so tell your friends today! Give-Away Details as below.
* * *
Crumpled City Map Giveaway
- Like The Occasional Traveller Shop Page on Facebook
- Closing Date: 31 March, 2359hrs (Singapore Time)
- All people who currently Like the Facebook page will automatically be entered into the giveaway
- Everyone is eligible, whether you’re in Singapore or Overseas!
- All names on the Facebook Page will be written down onto bits of paper and tossed into a hat (I am old school that way).
- 1 name will be randomly drawn from the hat, and the person will be contacted via Facebook PM with more details. A response from the winner must be made within the next 48 hours of the Facebook PM.
- If no response is made, a 2nd name will be drawn from the hat, etc, etc.
- The winner will have their choice of any 1pc of Crumpled City Map
- All 6 maps are available to choose from: London, New York, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Hamburg
- Map will be posted to the winner (postage will be covered by TOTshop!)
Enter now and spread the word to your friends today!