QUICK RECAP EPI 10
The teams go up to South Korea where they encounter giant hands, scary soldiers and lots of bitching. This was totally an attempt to stir up the pot by making the teams pick a team to shoot in the archery, and the ‘mind-reading quiz of bitchery’ they put the teammates up to… and it worked! Apparently everyone hates Jess and Lani. Get used to it girls, you’re pretty and loud and not shy about it, so of course you’re going to have your haters. Next time, spend some of that shopping money on getting a cab and maybe you won’t get eliminated!
My Predictions in the last Precap:
- Winner – SG Girls
- 2nd – Indo Team
- 3rd – PH Guys
- Last – PH Girls
SCORE! the Phil girls lucky streak is snapped abruptly and they get sent home after getting super lost in Korea~ I was right about the final 3 after all, woot!
DUD. The Indo team pulls one out of the bag and finally garner a win! Come on Singapore! You’ve finished 3rd so many times, it’s time to pull out a win!
* * * * *
I’ll be talking about stuff seen in the preview videos released by AXN, so if you’re a purist and you don’t want to know what happened, DON’T READ ON. Also, all comments are based on what I see off the videos and all guesses are just what they are – wild ass guesses based on arbitrary feelings and conjectures from what those sneaky producers choose to show on screen.
Award system: The final duke out will be among the top 3, so for each leg we’ll award 4 pts to the winner, 3 pts to runner up and 2 pts to third place. The rest get 1 pt by virtue of staying in the race, 2nd last gets 0 pts for almost getting kicked off while an elimination garners -1 pt. (Thanks to the Gratz Industries Project Runway big board of Shame for the scoring system!)
In order of their finishing in Epi 10:
- INDO – Hussein + Natasha – 3 pts
- PH – Richard + Richard – 2 pts
- SG – Claire + Michelle – 1 pt
- PH – Jess + Lani – -1 pts (eliminated)
Standings after 10 episodes:
- PH – Richard + Richard – 23 pts (2 first place, 5 second place, 1 safe, 1 penultimate)
- SG – Claire + Michelle – 12 pts (5 third place, 4 safe)
- INDO – Hussein + Natasha – 12 pts (1 first place, 3 second place, 1 safe, 4 penultimate)
- MY – Ethan + Khairie (eliminated epi 9) – 14 pts (2 first place, 2 third place, 3 safe, 1 last)
- PH – Jess + Lani (eliminated epi 10)– 12 pts (2 first place, 6 safe, 1 last)
- IN – Sunaina + Dimple (eliminated epi 6) – 10 pts (1 first place, 1 second place, 1 third place, 2 safe, 1 penultimate, 1 last)
- MY – Ivan + Hilda (eliminated epi 7) – 8 pts (1 first place, 1 third place, 3 safe, 1 last)
- IN – Manas + Sahil (eliminated epi 5) – 1 pt (2 safes, 2 penultimate, 1 last)
- HK – Alan + Wendy (eliminated epi 4) – 0 pt (2 safes, 2 last)
- INDO – Yani + Nadine (eliminated epi 2) – -2 pts (2 last)
– Khairie and Ethan still have the second highest score despite being eliminated – this is a case of bad luck! Anything can and does happen during the race…
– The Richards have the best record by far, coming in the top two 7/9 times the whole race! No wonder they’re the team to beat – on paper they have 2x the number of points of their competitors…
– Meanwhile, the Singaporean girls and the Indo Father-Daughter team have not had such a spectacular run – 5 times 3rd place Singaporeans and the erratic Indo team who finally managed to pull a win out of the bag – will they pip the favourite Richards to the title?
* * * * *
PRECAP – FINALE
Here we have screencap goodness of the upcoming episode preview, and my predictions based on what little bits the producers entice us with.
You can also check out the preview video at the facebook page.
– hello Singapore! I had my suspicions with the GForce reverse bungee at Clarke Quay, but once they showed the wavehouse wave pool i knew exactly where we were!
– Challenges look like a mix of thinking and physical – there is this magic trick looking thing, and the wavehouse thing, and a high element walking between buildings thing which looks absolutely WICKED.
– Where’s the final pitstop? It’s a rooftop… Singapore is all about fancy rooftop destinations these days with 1-Altitude and Marina Bay Sands Sky Park… Given that the latter is one of the sponsors (yes, i watch the ads and look at the credits), I’m thinking our final pitstop is at Marina Bay Sands!
– Who wins? HOME TEAM ADVANTAGE – GO SINGAPORE! The Richards also are pretty strong contenders, and the Indo team are dark horses – they’re not physically strong but they’re not dumb either… GO SG!
So don’t forget to catch it! Last episode! See it first, 9pm on Thursday, only on AXN
* * * * *
And if you’re looking for a pretty gift for an occasional or frequent traveller, check out the Passport Holders that we have in the shop – bright and perky and totally practical – no more losing your travel documents in your big bag of stuff. Also, you can even personalize it with initials, so it makes a great gift for yourself or your loved ones… Check it out now! It’s Christmas and it’s time for shopping!