QUICK RECAP – EPI 6
We head from sweaty Sri Lanka to Freezing New Zealand, where the Philippines boys bungeed, sawed and kicked their way to a commanding lead. Meanwhile, Hilda and Ivan fall behind and are eliminated.
My Predictions in the last Precap:
- Winner – PH Richards
- 2nd – MY Guys
- 3rd – SG Girls
- Last – MY Couple
SCORE! And the Philippines boys take another leg! It was a really physical leg, and they got through the tasks pretty quickly, so it wasn’t too surprising they won. By that same note, it’s not surprising either that Hilda struggled with the tasks, but it’s really great of Ivan that he stood by her all this time! The SG girls managed to hang in there and keep their 3rd place.
DUD. The Indo team really pulled one out of the bag by finishing 2nd! The Malaysian boys hit a setback with their running out of gas and fell back a few places to finish safe – lucky they didn’t fall too far behind!
* * * * *
I’ll be talking about stuff seen in the preview videos released by AXN, so if you’re a purist and you don’t want to know what happened, DON’T READ ON. Also, all comments are based on what I see off the videos and all guesses are just what they are – wild ass guesses based on arbitrary feelings and conjectures from what those sneaky producers choose to show on screen.
Award system: The final duke out will be among the top 3, so for each leg we’ll award 4 pts to the winner, 3 pts to runner up and 2 pts to third place. The rest get 1 pt by virtue of staying in the race, 2nd last gets 0 pts for almost getting kicked off while an elimination garners -1 pt. (Thanks to the Gratz Industries Project Runway big board of Shame for the scoring system!)
In order of their finishing in Epi 6:
- PH – Richard + Richard – 4 pts
- INDO – Hussein + Natasha – 3 pts
- SG – Claire + Michelle – 2 pts
- PH – Jess + Lani – 1 pt
- MY – Ethan + Khairie – 1 pt
- IN – Sunaina + Dimple – 0 pts
- MY – Ivan + Hilda – -1 pt (eliminated)
Standings after 6 episodes:
- PH – Richard + Richard – 18 pts (2 first place, 3 second place, 1 safe)
- MY – Ethan + Khairie – 13 pts (2 first place, 1 third place, 3 safe)
- IN – Sunaina + Dimple – 11 pts (1 first place, 1 second place, 1 third place, 2 safe, 1 penultimate)
- SG – Claire + Michelle – 9 pts (3 third place, 3 safe)
- INDO – Hussein + Natasha – 7 pts (2 second place, 1 safe, 3 penultimate)
- PH – Jess + Lani – 6 pts (6 safes)
- MY – Ivan + Hilda – 8 pts (1 first place, 1 third place, 3 safe, 1 last)
- IN – Manas + Sahil (eliminated epi 4) – 1 pt (2 safes, 2 penultimate, 1 last)
- HK – Alan + Wendy (eliminated epi 3) – 0 pt (2 safes, 2 last)
- INDO – Yani + Nadine (eliminated epi 2) – -2 pts (2 last)
– The Richards take a commanding lead with this win – though they’re tied with the Ethan/Khairie with 2 first places apiece, the Richards have finished in the top 3 more often, resulting in their high score
– Jess and Lani, still plodding along safely. They still remain the only team never to have finished in the top 3 or the bottom 2. That might change soon, given the diminshing number of teams… The next leg is the last chance they have to continue their safe streak!
– Hussein and Natasha remain the most volatile team – either coming in 2nd place or 2nd last, only finishing safe once this whole race. They’ve also featured heavily in a lot of the recent recaps, what with Hussein’s fatherly nagging and Natasha’s impatience and eye-rolling.
– Ivan and Hilda make their exit, but they are by far the strongest team to exit – they’re actually ahead of the very safe Philippine Girls and the volatile Indo team by this scoring system. So it does show, anything can happen!
PRECAP – EPI 7
Here we have screencap goodness of the upcoming episode preview, and my predictions based on what little bits the producers entice us with.
You can also check out the preview video of epi 7 at the facebook page.
– It looks like we’re staying in NZ. Is it me or do they do less international travelling this season? Instead of going to a different country every episode, it seems like they spend 2 days at a time in the same country, just in different districts.
– Skiing – man, falling is PAINFUL. I can feel bruises just watching them – I wiped out so hard once I broke my ski goggles, that was scary man.
– So far we’ve seen that the Indian girls aren’t great with physical challenges – and one of them hasn’t even seen snow before, so that’s going to slow them down some.
– Who’s in? Sheep chasing and skiing, I think the Richards will stay on top again. They struggled a little in the beginning of the competition because they had to do things like selling and sewing – with these physical looking tasks at hand, I think they’ll be good. They hardly appear in the precaps, which based on experience so far, seems to be a sign they’re pretty drama free and well ahead. I call Richards first, Singapore girls shall finally finish 2nd, and I think Ethan and Khairie will catch up a little and finish 3rd, despite their sheep issues.
– Who’s out? the Indian girls look like they’re in trouble with the skiing and the trapeze, and I don’t believe the sheep chasing would be any easier for these cosmopolitan ladies! Hussein and Natasha look like they’re in trouble (again!) – is it me or have they been showing a lot of crying Natasha? I think Jess and Lani are pretty tough and will scrape by safe, once again, so… the board says its more likely to be the Indo team, so I shall yield to it this time, though I think the Indian girls are only stronger by a hair.
So don’t forget to catch it! See it first, 9pm on Thursday, only on AXN
* * * * *
And if you’re looking for a less hectic but no less great way to truly explore a new place, check out our Anywhere Travel Series in our shop today! It’s definitely not as cryptic as route info, and you’re not rushing all around the place, but it’ll still result in one really unique adventure~ Check it out now! It’s Christmas and it’s time for shopping!