QUICK RECAP – EPI 5
The teams head to the Philippines, where they encounter a very physical leg. An intersection shook things up a little bit, but still the Indian dudes finished last and were eliminated.
My Predictions in the last Precap:
- Winner – PH Richards
- 2nd – IN Girls
- 3rd – PH Girls
- Last – IN Guys
SCORE! Well I was right about the Indian dudes finishing last! That’s not too bad…
DUD. Ethan/Khairie and the Singaporean girls really stepped it up after a relatively quiet last few episodes and came in first and third respectively this episode. The Phil girls didn’t really get much home land advantage when they get stuck waiting for Ivan and Hilda at the Intersection.
* * * * *
I’ll be talking about stuff seen in the preview videos released by AXN, so if you’re a purist and you don’t want to know what happened, DON’T READ ON. Also, all comments are based on what I see off the videos and all guesses are just what they are – wild ass guesses based on arbitrary feelings and conjectures from what those sneaky producers choose to show on screen.
Award system: The final duke out will be among the top 3, so for each leg we’ll award 4 pts to the winner, 3 pts to runner up and 2 pts to third place. The rest get 1 pt by virtue of staying in the race, 2nd last gets 0 pts for almost getting kicked off while an elimination garners -1 pt. (Thanks to the Gratz Industries Project Runway big board of Shame for the scoring system!)
In order of their finishing in Epi 5:
- MY – Ethan + Khairie – 4 pts
- PH – Richard + Richard – 3 pts
- SG – Claire + Michelle – 2 pts
- IN – Sunaina + Dimple – 1 pt
- PH – Jess + Lani – 1 pt
- MY – Ivan + Hilda – 1 pt
- INDO – Hussein + Natasha – 0 pt
- IN – Manas + Sahil – -1 pt (eliminated)
Standings after 5 episodes:
- PH – Richard + Richard – 14 pts (1 first place, 3 second place, 1 safe)
- MY – Ethan + Khairie – 12 pts (2 first place, 1 third place, 2 safe)
- IN – Sunaina + Dimple – 11 pts (1 first place, 1 second place, 1 third place, 2 safe)
- MY – Ivan + Hilda – 9 pts (1 first place, 1 third place, 3 safe)
- SG – Claire + Michelle – 7 pts (2 third place, 3 safe)
- PH – Jess + Lani – 5 pts (5 safes)
- INDO – Hussein + Natasha – 4 pts (1 second place, 1 safe, 3 penultimate)
- IN – Manas + Sahil (eliminated epi 4) – 1 pt (2 safes, 2 penultimate, 1 last)
- HK – Alan + Wendy (eliminated epi 3) – 0 pt (2 safes, 2 last)
- INDO – Yani + Nadine (eliminated epi 2) – -2 pts (2 last)
– The top 3 teams are starting to pull away! The Richards still remain the strongest team having only finished safe once.
– Jess and Lani, still remain the only team to have been safe all the way – when will they break their safe streak?
– None of the remaining teams have finished second last – Hussein and Natasha however, have 3 near misses to their name! Will their next finish be their last? It certainly looks like they’re the next team to go!
PRECAP – EPI 6
Here we have screencap goodness of the upcoming episode preview, and my predictions based on what little bits the producers entice us with.
You can also check out the preview video of epi 5 at the facebook page.