I’ll be talking about stuff seen in the preview videos released by AXN, so if you’re a purist and you don’t want to know what happened, DON’T READ ON. Also, all comments are based on what I see off the videos and all guesses are just what they are – wild ass guesses based on arbitrary feelings and conjectures from what those sneaky producers choose to show on screen.
QUICK RECAP – EPI 3
My Predictions in the last Precap:
- Winner – PH Richards
- 2nd – IN Girls
- 3rd – IN Guys
- Last – HK
SCORE. I was right about HK being in trouble, but wow another non-elimination leg so quickly? That’s 2 in the 1st 3 episodes, just how many non-elimination legs are there going to be? Also, I was right about the Indian girls moving ahead, even if they were in Sri Lanka and not India – those girls were pretty determined. And how about them yielding the Singapore girls! There’s a set-up for rivalry for you…
DUD. The Richards however, faltered at the sewing task and fall out of the top 3, while the Indian dudes NEARLY get eliminated when they make the decision to piss off their tuktuk driver. Ouch~ So much for home ground advantage… Wonder if that ending was as close as they made it seem!
Award system: The final duke out will be among the top 3, so for each leg we’ll award 4 pts to the winner, 3 pts to runner up and 2 pts to third place. The rest get 1 pt by virtue of staying in the race, 2nd last gets 0 pts for almost getting kicked off while an elimination garners -1 pt. (Thanks to the Gratz Industries Project Runway big board of Shame for the scoring system!)
In order of their finishing in Epi 3:
- IN – Sunaina + Dimple – 4 pts
- INDO – Hussein + Natasha – 3 pts
- MY – Ivan + Hilda – 2 pts
- SG – Claire + Michelle – 1 pt
- MY – Ethan + Khairie – 1 pt
- PH – Richard + Richard – 1 pt
- PH – Jess + Lani – 1 pt
- IN – Manas + Sahil – 0 pt
- HK – Alan + Wendy – -1pt (non-elimination leg)
Standings after 3 episodes:
- PH – Richard + Richard – 7 pts (2 second place, 1 safe)
- MY – Ivan + Hilda – 7 pts (1 first place, 1 third place, 1 safe)
- IN – Sunaina + Dimple – 7 pts (1 first place, 1 third place, 1 safe)
- MY – Ethan + Khairie – 6 pts (1 first place, 2 safe)
- SG – Claire + Michelle – 4 pts (1 third place, 2 safe)
- PH – Jess + Lani – 3 pts (3 safes)
- INDO – Hussein + Natasha – 3 pts (1 second place, 2 penultimate)
- IN – Manas + Sahil – 2 pts (2 safes, 1 penultimate)
- HK – Alan + Wendy – 1 pt (2 safes, 1 last)
- INDO – Yani + Nadine (eliminated epi 2) – -2 pts (2 last)
– We have a 3 way tie for top place, with the Msia couple and Indian girls finishing strong in this leg, letting them catch up with the front runner Phil dudes
– Alan and Wendy, the bickering HK couple, fall to last place with their last place finish. Will their half-hour penalty hamper them in the next leg like it did the Indo girls? I really don’t think they’re the sort to pull a stunner and finish first in the next leg!
– Jess and Lani remain the only team to stay safely in the middle, having never finished in the front or the back of the pack yet.
PRECAP – EPI 4
Here we have screencap goodness of the upcoming episode preview, and my predictions based on what little bits the producers entice us with.
You can also check out the preview video of epi 4 at the facebook page.
– there’s an awful lot of the Indonesian father-daughter team in this preview, no? Expect some action from them this episode – they’ve leapfrogged the competition from second last to second with a fantastic sewing achievement by Hussein, but will they be able to sustain their lead? I think they’re going to be falling back
– we see the Indo team and the Msian guys bunched up in a bus, and the Msian couple seem to be catching up to them and getting some hateful glares. Given the finishing of the last race, either the Indo team has dropped behind, or that Ethan and Khairie have managed to catch up to the front teams! Wonder where Sunaina and Dimple are though? Far ahead?
– HK, still squabbling – if they managed to get through the race intact, they’ll probably be able to stay married forever! Things don’t look particularly up for them, and they have a pretty long way to catch up. Will they be able to hang on? I’m going to predict that they’ll suffer the same fate as the Indo girls and fall out of the race! I don’t think they’re strong enough to go the distance. Bye bye for real HK!
– Who’s top? The scoreboard makes it hard to predict with a three-way tie, and last epi’s winner didn’t even make it to the the preview video, so I think the Indian girls will stay in the top 3. This week’s tasks look more physical, so I’m going to put my money on the Phil dudes again, same as last week’s guess. I think the Malaysian boys will catch up, rounding up the top 3.
So don’t forget to catch it! See it first, 9pm on Thursday, only on AXN
** Edit: Epi 5 Precap is up!
* * * * *
And if you’re looking for a less hectic but no less great way to truly explore a new place, check out our Anywhere Travel Series in our shop today! It’s definitely not as cryptic as route info, and you’re not rushing all around the place, but it’ll still result in one really unique adventure~